re: Spider starting gremlins

Spiros posted:

When I turn the key to the start position, every once in a while, the car will
do absolutely nothing.  No sound from
the starter engaging either.

I had this type of problem on my 1978 spider, it occurred sporadically.  All
electric power would be lost.There is a junction box on the left (drivers side)
fender in the engine compartment in my car.  The wires from the starter (from
the battery) and the alternator are connected to the wire to the fuse box at
this location, lugs on a terminal post with a plastic or bakelite cover.  I
cleaned the lugs and terminal post, then reassembled with dielectric grease.
The problem has not occurred since.

Loyd Heimbruch
Stella del Nord Chapter (Minnesota), AROC
78 Niki Spider