Re: 164 window regulator

>The passenger's side window failed me today.   I can hear the
>motor run and a grinding noise.   Has anybody with experience
>with this problem? Does the regulator typically fail or is it
>a gear on the the motor strips?

Dunno about the 164, but I have a Maserati Biturbo which does
the same thing.  I disassembled the window regulator and found
that the serrated edges on the window regulator cable had stripped.
These edges mesh with the window motor gear.  Replacement of the
regulator seems to be required, as I haven't been able to repair
the damaged cable.

- ----
Biturbo Central
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Lane/1150