RE: Favorite Tools

>I was 99% sure my problem was a snapped throttle cable, so without even
>looking under the hood, I grabbed a pair of pliers and an old coat hanger
>from the trunk, and then checked out the engine. Well I was dead on. The
>throttle cable had snapped right where it fastens to the bell crank.

The stars must have been in alignment!  The exact same thing happened to me
Friday night on the '76 Spider I was driving.  My temp fix was a bit
different: Lacking tools and a coat hanger, I jammed a piece of wood in the
bell crank which held rpm's at about 4,000 and limped home.  The next day,
I also repaired it with a bicycle brake cable.

Steve