RE:Giulia Wheels

Don Suiter was asking about wheels and tires for his Giulia Spider.

For what it's worth, my buddy was vintage racing his Giulia Spider (with
pseudo Veloce set up).  He had a set of wheels widened an inch, out to 5 1/2
inches.  Sorry I don't know the offset or backspacing.  He ran 195/65 15
Yokohama AVSi tires on those wheels very successfully, until the powers that
be in racing said they weren't vintage looking enough.  He is now running
185/70 15 Goodrich DOT-racers.  They stick, but wear out in no time.  Whatcha
gonna do?

Hope this helps some.

Oh, if you will be sticking with the stock 4 1/2 inch wheels, see if 185/70s
from a repuatable mfg are available.  It seems like it might be more common
than 175/70.  The taller profile might work better with the narrower rim.

Jay Negrin
ARO Southern California