2000 GTV grill attachment points

I'm attempting to repair the front grill on my 2000 GTV before it falls on
the road in pieces: it has cracked in a number of places, including most of
the attachment points. In a few places it appears that someone has attempted
to weld it back together again, which doesn't work very well on the sh!t
metal it is made of. So, being a composites engineer, I'm using small
amounts of epoxy mixed with some glass fibre rovings to join the cracks, and
to attach new mounting points. With careful surface prep hopefully it will
work.... maybe! Worth a try anyhow.

So to my question: on the 2000 GTV grill, how many attachment points SHOULD
there be?

There are 8 "tabs" on the sheet metal (top and bottom at each end by the
headlights, and each side of the central triangle top and bottom), but
looking at how it fits and evidence of where it has broken I'm not convinced
that the lower central mounting points are used.

Any hints/comments?

Thanks,

Mark Battley
Auckland, New Zealand.