Diagnosis - Foul Play!

	Over the past few days of driving my '73 GTV around town, the following
sequence of events has occurred two (2) times:

	Driving merrily along to work, upon acceleration, my GTV would suddenly
belch a large cloud of blue smoke and the engine would run rough - as if
running on only 3 cylinders; loss of power, too.  Further pressing of
the accelerator pedal produced a puff more of blue smoke but no more.
However the engine continued to run rough.  I parked at work, left the
engine running and pulled off plug wires one at a time - #4 cylinder
didn't seem to be contributing it's fair share.  I didn't have a spare
plug to replace it with.  Later that evening, I drove home and about 8
miles down the road, the engine smoothed out and engine power was
restored.  Never had a plug come back to life on me before.

	Same thing happened to me the other night - cloud of blue smoke on
acceleration, rough engine, lose of power.  And about 10 more miles of
driving and power is restored.

	The mysterious part is the big cloud of blue smoke accompanied with the
loss of a firing cylinder.  Any theories?

	Bruce