RE: Looking for Giulia Grommets

After spending the weekend inside the engine compartment of our 1966 Giulia
TI cleaning, scrubbing and scrapping in preparation of a new coat of paint,
we realized that all of the rubber grommets and boots in the firewall need
replacing. Alfa parts are good, but it is a bit much to expect a rubber
grommet to still be pliable after 33 years. We've checked our usual parts
catalogs and found firewall grommet kits for the more common Giulia models,
but nothing for our rare little TI. Are the grommets from the GTV or the
Spider compatible with the TI? Is there a standard supplier like
Grommets-R-Us that could be tapped? I know we're not the first to find dried
hard brittle grommets that need to be replaced.

It is nice to know, as we get further and further into this project, that we
are not on our own. This Digest is such a valuable resource. I just hope you
guys are still around when we start putting all of this stuff back on the
car... Our goal is to drive it to the 2001 Convention in Nashville. Thanks
in advance.

Richard Broughton
Columbia, SC
1966 Giulia TI - Engine bay is empty, but it's clean...