Re: Twin sparks

 Twin spark cylinder heads such as ALFA and Mercedes Benz, as well as a
number of racing engines fire the plugs simultaneously on the compression
stroke for more complete burning and less tendency to detonate (this latter
is I believe the main advantage). For street engines twin sparks produce
comparable power output to 4 valve cylinder heads, on racing engines
multiple valves and twin ignition produce even higher efficiencies.

That's my understanding of the deal anyway. Twin sparks should be very
smooth and powerful, developing good low rpm torque and clean firing high
rpm power.
Michael Smith
Calgary, Alberta
Canada