When is a door not a door?

When it's ajar, goes the old saw...but what if it
really isn't?

I think this might have been covered before, but I
wasn't paying sufficient attention, so let's do it
again:our '87 Gold is displaying a door-open warning
(right rear) on the monitor panel, and simply slamming
the door a few times no longer works. Not only that,
but now the courtesy lights are staying on when the
car's parked. For the time being, I can just unhook
the battery overnight, but that doesn't fix the
problem. If there were simply a pushbutton switch,
it'd be a cinch, but of course those clever Italians
couldn't do anything that obvious, could they?

Anybody got a clue?

Will Owen
Nashville, TN