Re: Celebrity Pro Drivers

On Sat, 4 Sep 1999, David Lee Mericle wrote:

>  Turn two at Laguna to me is one of the most challenging
> turns on California race courses.  Sears Point has the most number and
> Willow Springs has the most potentially dangerous.  Laguna two to me is
> slick, "seems" off-camber and I can't figure out if it a dual apex turn
> (like the old turn six at Riverside) or a complex single apex turn.  The
> Moss incident could have been a combination of factors - poor car, bad
> track, pilot error.  But if Moss ran into an Alfa driver I am peeved.

I have run Laguna with NASA and AROSC in a '74 Spider. I have also run it
in a Skip Barber formula Dodge.

The Barber instructors had us dual apex turn 2, and it felt fine. When I
tried it with the Spider, however, it didn't work, and a single apex did.

So, I guess one would take that turn ( at least the first time) using the
technique best suited to whatever one was used to driving.

> Anyone out there with another insight.
>
> Dave Mericle the Elder
> Leucadia, CA  BEACH-N-RIDES

Regards,