Removal of 1750 berlina ignition......

Being so sick of seeing the Berlina dormant and collecting dust, I decided
to get the ignition lock out (which was completely stuck), and replace the
alternator.

I removed the alternator and tagged all the wires, but unfortunately, during
the night, the tags all fell off. I called a mobile electrician to help, and
my $50 alternator seems to be charging well.

The ignition posed even more trouble.... I undid the two bolts that hold the
steering column up to get more clearance, and I removed the plastic cover
from beneath the ignition. Even so, I found it impossible to undo the screw
that holds the lock in. I tried to turn it with a chisel, but it was simply
impossible. Instead, I broke the casing around the key lock barrel, and
removed the key barrel. At least it is now driveable. Are there any
suggestions as to how I might be able to get the stupid thing off?

Thanks :)

Davide Frada

          _________
     O     (         )     O