Re: Logo

Mike wrote:
"In a recent digest, somebody mentioned the similarity of the Alfa logo and that
of Bezzera, an Italian manufacturer of commercial espresso machines.  [...snip...]
Something interesting to note is that Bezzera
dates from 1901, A.L.F.A. from 1910, so the car company was likely the copycat."

That would be me.  However, as I pointed out in my post, this image was the herald of the Visconti family, and I quoted in my post
an explanation (possibly revisionist, certainly relatively modern) of the logo from a 16th century text.  Both of the 20th century
uses are copycats.

Alas, if a non-Italian Alfa lover tried to bring home a table from a Milanese restaurant, or the facade of the Lucca cathedral, or
some other souvenir bearing this image, she would likely encounter some procedural difficulties.  However, one *can* buy a Bezzera
espresso maker  - though many older
Alfas are cheaper!

- - David