Re: No Calif track events.

Your timing seems to miss all the local events. The Sears Point and
Laguna Seca websites only list the "Pro" events. Although the HMSA
vintage races (Monterey Historics and Wine Country Classic) are really
amateur events, they are considered Pro events due to the presence of
paying spectators. At any rate, here's a rundown of the events you
will JUST miss. ;=(

Sept 10-12 CSRG vintage races at Sears Point, with Alfa club track tour
  on Sunday. (Admission is $10-15 for the weekend.)
Sept 26 Alfa Romeo Assn. Autocross at San Jose City College. (Spectating
  is free, driving typically costs $30.)
Oct 23-24 SCCA Vintage race at Laguna Seca (SCCA members only!)

Here's one you might get to see, but only as a spectator:

Oct 8-10 American LeMans Series at Laguna Seca http://www.laguna-seca.com/
  (A 3-day super pass is $55.)

There is also the All Italian Day car show in Alameda, Oct 3. It's a
nice low-key show, and a benefit for the Alameda Special Olympics.

Thunderhill is having a couple of events in your timeframe, but it's a
3-4 hour drive from the SF Bay Area. There's a PCA event Oct 9-10, and
another CSRG vintage race Oct 15-17.

Try changing your flights? ;=)

Adam Doherty wrote:

>To those in Northern Ca, my brother and I have to be in SF area anytime
>btween the 27th of sept and the second week in oct--is there anything
>going on at a nearby track etc? School? Club event? Ideally we'd like to
>get into the drivers seat for a bit. I already checked out the Sears
>Point website, and it appears that they only have "Drag" events during
>this time....

They do the Sport Drags every Wednesday night.