33 1.7 QV

Reza,

>Does anybody out there know the performance specs for this particular
>model(last model using carbs before they switched to injection)? For
>example, 0-100km/h timings, top speed, fuel consumption...etc. I've been
>looking around but the only specs I have been able to get my hands on are
>for the newer models...the ones with fuel injection.

Don't mean to be rude, but did the car come with the owner's manual?  All
is explained there.

>So far my baby has been running fine since I've spent around
>SGD4,000.00~USD2,395.00 on maintainance costs since I aquired it a year ago.
>It is currently running on Esso synthetic motor oil and 100 octane fuel(I
>have been using original alfa parts and have not made any modifications.

S$4K in 1 year???!!!  Ok, just curious, which mechanic have you been
sponsoring?  :-)  What have you changed in 1 year?  $4K, without mods,
sounds like rectification work, unless you also did an engine rebuild plus
full strip & respray, possibly a reconditioned gearbox as well.

I'm really curious.  My 33 1.5 (the last 1.5QV before the 1.7 was
introduced) costs me only about S$200-300/yr including consumables.  Sadly,
my 33 is for sale as it won't take 2 childseats and 1 adult in the rear.
The car itself is in good condition.  sigh.

The 100octane fuel piques my curiousity too.  Is it really 100 octane, or
is it some car manufacturer test name?  I know one company who sells
98 unleaded but labels and advertises it (skating close to the edge) giving
the impression it is 100 octane.

If it is 100 octane, unless your compression needs it, you're wasting money.

Cheers
Lawrence

86 33 1.5 QV (for sale)
92 164 2.0 TS