RE: Car Brings Record $4 Million At Auction

On Mon, 30 Aug 1999 16:26:52 -0700 "Zacharey Cox (Entex)"
<a-zachc@domain.elided> posted a note about the "Immortal 2.9" sold at
Christies PB for $3.8Million plus fees.  I was fortunate enough to attend
the sale (a friend had his car consigned) and believe me this is one
beautiful automobile. If you'd like to see a (admittedly small) photo of the
car:

http://www.christies.com/events/jul99/cars/index.html

The color in the photo is not correct - the car is actually Graphite Gray as
my Giulietta will soon be.
Realizing auction prices are not always a good measure of a car's value (a
poor-looking Fiat Jolly also sold at PB for a whopping $34,000) you might be
interested in another recent sale.  At Christies Peterson Museum sale in
June a rather ordinary-sounding '66 Giulia Spider went for $21,850.  Hope
for the future in Alfa values?

End of alfa-digest V7 #1010