Re:Alfetta Crank

Les wrote:

"By the way, don't be tempted to buy an Alfetta crank out of the same
capacity engine. Although these are nitrided, you'll find that quite a few
modifications are needed (flywheel bolt drillings, centring bush) before
you can use it in a 105/115 1750 engine."

I found a machinist that was able to drill the crank and put the pilot
bushing in for $40.  I had to call around and it tore up his bit,  but it
saved me a lot of money.  Definitely check around before you were to take
this route because you'd hate to get stuck with a crank that you can't use.
Good luck.

Lawrence Gowin
Network Engineering
Level 3 Communications