Re: 4 Cylinder Engine Stand

I have an Alfa V6 on a Harbor Freight stand with the flywheel on right now.
It did require a little cutting and welding and a $2 investment in a piece
of scrap channel from the local metal dealer.  I made up some (very ugly)
brackets that hold the engine far enough away from the normal stand mounts
to leave space for the studs on the flywheel.

Now if I only had time, maybe I could get the engine off the stand and back
in the car where it belongs!

chris

>Well, the only real problem with the Harbor Freight engine stand is
that your Alfa 4 has studs sticking out the back of the block, not bolt
holes, at least at the bottom. All I did to mine was get some heavy U
shaped brackets and spacers to accomodate the studs. Using the same
brackets and spacers on the top also allows me to use the same bolts
that hold the engine to the trans. The other problem with such an
engine stand is that it provides little or no access to the back of the
block. You have to take off the flywheel before putting the engine on
this type of stand, and you can't put the flywheel back on till you
take it off the stand.