Re: FI pump blanking plate?

On the advice of Tom Sahines, I tapped and plugged the oil hole anyway,
even though I was fitting a blank-off plate. The oil hole has a lot of
pressure behind it. If you don't tap it and put in a plug, it will most
likely leak. The plates themselves aren't too hard to make. I don't
think I had to drill the block. The hole was the right size for a
particular tap, but I don't remember the size. What you do is dip the
tap in wheel bearing grease before tapping to collect the chips, and
swab the rest of them out afterwards with a Q-tip.