CONGRATULATIONS Bonnie!!

Great job... break out the champagne

Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 14:59:56 EDT
From: DBesic@domain.elided
Subject: Bonnie holds the Land Speed Record after all...

Alfisti -

(Pardon me while I wipe this egg off my face....)

It has been well over a week since Speed Week ended and the SCTA people have

FINALLY posted the official certified results of the meet.  Quite
unexpectedly, the MR2 (which we had believed taken the record in our class),

has been re-classified as H/BGT.  Consequently, the official record shows
the
Besic Motorsports Alfa Romeo, driven by Mike Besic, as the official
Bonneville Record Holder in H/BMS at 145.925mph!!!!!!!!  Owner, drivers and
crew are stunned and elated.

Seems kind of anti-climactic if you ask me....

Pictures of "Bonnie" at the Salt Flats should be on the Chicago AROC website

(http://www.caroc.com/bonneville) within a week or so.

Darren Besic and
Mike Besic of Besic Motorsports
<<