Milano wheels again

hi kewin, ewe said:
>I know that my 87 Milano has a 5x98 lug pattern but several vendors are trying
to sell me >5x100.  Can this work properly?  Does anyone have 5x100 wheels on a
Milano?  I am a >newcomer to the digest so if this is rehashing an old thread I
apologize, but any help >would be appreciated.
i'd not recommend this - too much of a likelihood that the wheel will be a
little off-center - the taper on the nuts won't seat properly on the wheels.
also possible to ruin the threads on the studs, as the wheels are jammed over
them.  there are some wheel shops that can take these wheels, drill out the
holes, re-install gnu seats for the lugs at the proper 98mm - supposedly about
$20/wheel.  no direct experience here, tho...

doug s.