AAV

	Rich, the 90  SPider does have an AAV, but it is different from the
one on the
	80's Spiders.  And you are correct, it is NOT working properly.  In
fact, it
	is disconnect.  When I connect it the car won't idle at all when
cold.  It
	just dies.  And I don't think it is the valve because I have tried 3
different
	valves!  Any ideas?

	Rob Murphy
	90 SPider
	COral Springs, FL

Rob;

Try changing the air flow meter, my 91 acted the same way, I changed the air
flow meter and corrected the problem.

On the 90 and newer spiders with Motronic the AAV is actually an ICM, idle
control motor, and controls the amount of air around the throttle body. You
can check this by applying 12 volts momentarily and the valve will open. You
can remove and clean this with chock cleaner and replace it. I found the
problem with mine was the seal, they get hard and allow air in around the
seal.

I've had a seal ring on order from someone on the digest for about three
months now and haven't received it yet, so I took clear silicon sealer and
put it around the seal until I get my new seal ring. This took care of the
leaking seal problem.

Ralph Fetsch
Houston, Texas
91 Spider Veloce w/auto 166,000+ miles.