Re: CR2016 batteries

>Thanks, but I'll pass on helping you unload the nearly 100 old, corroded, unwarranted batteries
that
>can be found nearly everywhere, Karl.
>
>~ Douglas

Thanks for the flame Doug. You have some good points and I respect that, but your style could
use some work. The Digest (IMHO) is a forum for discussing the pros and cons of such things and
for sourcing parts and advice. However, you should remember that Netiquette dictates you should
attack the idea, not the individual. This sure looked like you were focuing on my greed or
stupidity, not that I may have been simply mistaken in the availability or shelf-life of these
batteries.

My motives were altruistic. I was not seeking wealth one dollar at a time by selling batteries
that are disfigured by green crusty corrosion and are oozing acid.

I appreciate that I have learned from you that I can go slumming at Wal-Mart and buy these
batteries. That is the sort of assistance that I look for here on the Digest, but you certainly
could have presented the information in a different and positive manner. Maybe you should go
back to lurking and hope this kind of attitude doesn't discourage others from helping you in
time of need (or try a little diplomacy next time).

If anybody is still interested, I have overcome my insane greediness. Send me your address and
I'll send two of them for free. If you already sent me a buck, I'll be returning it with your
two batteries.

I hope my tarnished (er, "corroded") name has been cleared and we can get back to the business
at hand.

Regards,
Karl