86 Spider tranny woes.

Greetings all,
After being off line for quite a while ( no time to read all the posts) ,
I need some advice on a few problems with my Gwaduwat( Hello Dug) .
Yesterday the trans decided to take a dump and left me without 1st and
2nd gears . The syncros were on there way out , so I new it would have to
come out soon . What are my choices for replacement ? I'm on the west
coast and I can buy a used one from A.P.E.
or do I have mine rebuilt . What should I expect to pay for a rebuild ?
Has anyone had any experience with Merit Cardens machined gears ? Does
anyone have a good one for sale ?
Next , Over the time I've owned the car ( 12 months ) I haven't been able
to get good disengagement from the clutch.  I've replaced the master and
the slave cylinders ,adjusted to the proper clearances , and I still have
to bury the pedal in the carpet for good action .
Does the push rod between the slave and the clutch fork wear down  it's
length over time?
Any other suggestions ?
Lastly ,(for now ) I'm getting very erratic guage readings throughout the
instrument panel , where should I look for bad connections or grounds ,
I've done the two at the bottom corners of the dash .

Thanks in advance .

Don Coulter
doncoulter@domain.elided

P.S. I've still got some performance 116/119 suspension components for
sale cheap .