Re: Ahhh, victory!! (one small step for italian...we just need a leap for alfa)

Scott C. wrote:

"As an Alfa owner and a Vespa owner I dream about the day when alfa or
vespa would return.  And today Vespa (piaggio) announced their return in
the year 2000!  "

Funny they should announce this now, while it looks almost certain that they will be selling a
controlling interest to that well-known Italian company (and current owner of Ducati), Texas Pacific Group.  Yee hah.

BTW, last May in Italy I saw a wonderful television commercial for Vespa.  A very funny twist on
the old King Kong story - in this one, Kong eats the girl and carries her Vespa to safety!

- - David