$100,000 166

Not to bang a drum too loudly, but should the cross-certification treaties
become a reality (my reading of the washington post and other sources says this
is more a "when" rather than an "if"), then there would be no $50k charge for
certification, just the cost of the car and the cost to ship it over here.

Once this thing happens, we'll just need one or more Max Hoffmans. In this case,
history will have come full circle. Once again an Italian marque interested in
nothing more than selling lots of cars to Italians (well, nowadays
non-Americans) will find themselves "introduced" to the US market.

US ALFISTI: WRITE YOUR SENATOR! WE WANT CROSS-CERTIFICATION NOW!

(Where is a picket sign when I need one... )

Scott Johnson
Alfa Spider FAQ Author