Oil an alfa

Hi again.  Hopefully once I am done asking you guys all these questions
I'll know enough to start helping others.  But until then, I am going to
have to keep asking.

That said, the dipstick in my '82 spider veloce has four markings on it.
Is this some sort of 0%,25%,50%,100% or do they have other meanings?  When
is considered so low I must add oil, and what is a good level to fill it
to? Also, for those in the bay area what oil do you guys use, I've got
20W-50 right now?

Also, I noticed that the well for the spark plug closest to the front of
the car has some oil sitting in it.  The other plugs do not have any oil.
Also, there was pieces of a rubber washer in the well of the first plug.
Is this something to worry about, or is this normal?

Thanks again for all your help.

- -Josh

Joshua W. Shaevitz
Department of Physics