156

I have not driven an Audi A4 before, but I'd echo Z'man's description
of the 156.

>        I drove a 156 Selespeed and it kicks the Audi A4 flat. You cannot
>compare the A4 1.8T to a Selespeed. One is not so good, and one is very
>very good. My housemate has the A4 1.8T, the engine, well does it have an
>engine? Or is it a sewing machine? You have to modify it to go fast. the
>Alfa is fast right out of the box.

In auto mode, it drives just like any sluggish auto, but in manual,
it is quick off the mark, and pulls very well.

>        The 156 Selespeed's shifting is so smooth, and the engine has good
>torque.

Overtaking is a snap, and so could your licence (esp with the laser photo
camera/cash machines on the roads).  Words just cannot describe the
pleasure of this car.  I found myself blipping the throttle/loudpedal
before downshifting.  Habitual, but don't think its necessary though.

Plus, it takes 2 baby seats and 1 adult in the rear (one of my original
criteria).

I eventually settled for a 164.  Much cheaper :-)  (sez this cheap b*st*rd).

>        The good news is, we may get a 156 V6 sometime next year, or a
>little later. 8-)))

Send me your old, slow 155.  I won't complain :-)

Cheers
Lawrence

86 33 1.5 QV (for sale)
92 164 2.0 TS