Walter Da Silva

I had the distinct pleasure of having breakfast with Walter Da Silva at the
'98 Concours Italiano. He talked with a few Alfisti who had been invited to
show their cars in the main Alfa exposition. He answered all of our
questions and graciously sketched a "alfa prototype" (different one for
each of us) on a red "ALFA" hat. He gave us many reasons why Alfa would not
be coming back to the US. All of the reasons seem rational and made good
business sense. In the end he finally gave what I thought was the best
reason of all. He simply stated that there are "EASIER WAYS TO LOOSE
MONEY". He was probably right.

TOM SAHINES ARA TECH HOT LINE SAN JOSE CA