Champagne and Spiders -

Sid-
As Alan Florsheim indicates, I also own one of the rare (or is that
special edition?) champagne metallic spiders.  I might not have bought
this particular car if it had been another color.  The way my dealer
(Bellevue Alfa) told it to me, in the mid-80s, the "marketing arm" of
FIAT/ALFA decided to introduce some "off" colors to see how the American
buying public would react.  In 82 or so, they offered a "sea-foam green"
(topic of earlier discussion on the Digest).  Then in 85-87, there was a
Champagne and also a pretty Rosewood (IMHO).  I just checked my factory
brochure from when my car was new, and no color choices are listed.
Champagne metallic is an original factory color code AR 855.  As
JHertzman indicates, the upholstery color was also special and the two,
in concert, makes for a very attractive car.
By the way, mine is also a Veloce.

Gordy Hyde
NWARC
Bothell WA
1987 Spider "VELOCE"  (Champagne metallic)
The top is always down.