Towing Horror Story (long)

Just though that I would add my  $.02 at this time.

Last year, I needed to have my spider towed, they sent a flatbed truck
over.  The driver greeted my with the frendly grunt then proceeded to
access the situation.  He then decided to use the tie down hook located
on the spare tire well to pull the spider onto the flatbed.
    I warned him that the hook was not strong enough, nor was it
intended for this purpose.  He insisted by asking me "how many cars do
you tow a day?"

I sat by and watched him.  He sucessfully pulled the car onto the
flatbed using the tie down, in the process he bent the tie down and
ripped the spare tire well out of my car.  While the flatbed was still
tiled at 30 degrees and the edge about 3 feet off the ground, the tie
down hook ripped free, sending my car bouncing down the street.

After chasing my car down (oh, it was also out of gear still, so free
rolling toward the freeway on ramp) I was very unhappy.  I requested a
regular cradle tow truck.