vehicle dollies

Re: "Has anyone found a good way of moving a vehicle (in this case, my
Spider) around when the axle has been removed - instead of just resting
the body on jackstands?  I was thinking of buying some heavy-duty
casters and mounting them to wood blocks."

Brian--I bought a set (4) of dollies from a company that markets them
under the name "Car Skates". You need to have the wheels/tires on the
vehicle to use them as designed, but I suppose one could fabricate a
mount to securely fix a heavy-duty jackstand to the device to use them
without wheels. I've got my '63 Giulia Spider perched on 'em (with
wheels) and they work very well. Cost is about $160.00 (US funds) for
the set, plus a ten spot or so for shipping (no financial interest,
blah, blah.......).

Take a look at recent past issues of Grassroots Motor Racing for the
address (they're advertised in the back of the mag.).

Regards--Jim