"reverup?"- engine question, not specific to Alfa

Has anyone heard anything good or bad about "reverup" engine additive?
A friend of mine tried it last summer on his Miata and noted a
horsepower increase measured by his Gtech pro.  A year later, he is
still running at the new power plateau.  The web page (www.reverup.com)
sounds real good, but I can't tell if its snake oil BS or not.  I've
previously fallen for the Slick 50 craze which most will now say is not
good for your engine's health.  If it sounds too good to be true, it
probably is...but maybe not?

Thanks
- -Rod