Alfa 166 sighting

I had a strange sighting today.  I was at the movies in NYC near lincoln
center.  When I came out I saw a different looking car out in front.  I
took a second look because I thought I saw an alfa badge on it.  I took a
closer look and it was an alfa like one I had never seen before.  The front
end looked kind of weird, but the rest of the car was quite nice.  I walked
around to the back and saw the Alfa 166 script on it.  It was expecting to
see diplmat plates on it, but it had regular plates from Connecticut.  I
wonder how they got the car to the USA?

Alex     __O
       _-\<,_
      (_)/ (_)