84 GTV6 for sale in Austin, TX

It is with great regret that I am giving up on putting my 84 GTV6 back
together... There are quite a few new members on the digest since the
time I was an active participant so I will re-introduce both the car and
myself:

me:

the typical sentimental car nut who can't face the facts and has been
hoping over hope that he would have time to fix it... For what it's
worth, I am a mechanical engineer who has yet to pay for a single
car/motorcycle repair bill...

the car:

84 GTV6 bicolor paint scheme which was only available in 84 I believe:
chestnut brown/gray, NO rust (Texas car). Working A/C!!! The car was
once hit on the left front (before my time with it) but it has been
properly straightened. ~140,000 miles on the original engine which was
working beautifully until the day the mechanical tensioner let the belt
slip... Rebuilt transmission: synchros have ~5,000 miles on them and
have been broken in with mineral oil for ~400 miles and have since
bathed in redline oil. No major electrical problems: the rear turn
signal contacts seem a little corroded and have to be cleaned once in a
while, but the FI seems problem-free. Interior: front seats need to be
re-upholstered and a few cracks in dashboard. Sun roof does NOT leak!!

The original engine is still in the car (with all its bent valves) and
another 80,000 mile engine is ready to go in (with mechanical tensioner,
good water pump and a few other new bits and pieces: I have new front
and middle donuts plus a new driveshaft bearing, and miscellaneous other
things to go with the car)

I simply do not have the time to work on the car so it has to go. I am
asking for $1200 for the whole thing, as is, and you have to come pick
it up...

Please reply to cgwchv@domain.elided with any inquiries.

Thanks,

Chris Weyn, Austin TX