Re: alfa-digest V7 #981

> Engineer translates as "Ingenieur" which has the meaning "ingenious",
> inferring that an engineer is an "ingenious creator of devices", or
> something like that.

Much  as it pains, the French are right about that.  Engineers are
professional inventors.  Think about John Deere and his revolutionary
steel moldboard plow -- plows had been essentially unchanged for 2,000
years.  That sort of trying a different material is painfully obvious
today.

> So - now that Terri has a 164 I felt it needed christening and bought a
> lovely wooden shift knob to go with all that soft tan leather.  Does the
> original knob just pull off on the 164?

Yes, you can just pull it off -- but that crashes the electronics.....

r.m.bies