Re: Engineways and Alfa whys, and Holden Bs.

Bryan,

>> Hear, hear Will! Besides, who wants to be
>> browbeaten into speaking only of
>> "engineways"  and "engine sports"?

>> Bryan Shuler
>> Austin,TX

Well said.

Especially when one considers that you hail from he
land where people drive on parkways and park on
driveways. <gbg>

Special note for Will ... having lived for 7 years in
the land of the free (of English grammar and spelling,
it seems) I was frequently amused at some of the
abuses of the English language that have crept into
the US variant of it.

Not that too many from oz are all that much better.

But enough of this drivel. On to important matters,
not that correct use of the English language is
unimportant ....

I've thoroughly enjoyed the thread on why an Alfa, to
the point where I've been collecting all of the
cotributions, and feel that it may be appropriate to
post a collection of these on a website.

I've asked Richard for his thoughts on this, but I
know he's busy, and as yet I've not had any response
from him.

But in the interim, if the group here has any comments
or issues on this thought, then I'd appreciate hearing
from you now, or else forever hold your
peace/piece/engine/motor/bimotore/whatever.

Finally, for Lawrence Leong, the Suzuki/Geo Metro was
badge engineered as a Holden Barina in Oz, but the
current version of the Barina is not in fact a Suzuki
based vehicle. It's an Opel design, no personality,
and assembled in Spain. AMHIK. <g>

g.                      79 Alfetta Sedan
Gary Stark              69 1750 GTV (resting)
gstark@domain.elided  99 Holden Barina (POS)
http://redbacksWeb.com
Back down under in Sydney, Oz.