164S or Integrale

Mike Salters dilema has reopened the hoary old question of what car to use
for a daily drive. Early this year there was a long thread on this subject,
and I personally gave it a workover when my last 164 was squashed by a tree.
At the end of the day my humble opinion is that the 164 is the right car for
the daily drive. Here is my logic:
1. Why choose a Sh-tbox for the car you will spend most time in? You need a
car that makes you feel good about commuting and what can do it better than
a 164? The climate control works well (putting aside stepper motors) and it
is comfortable and quiet. It is stable and effortless at high speed if the
commute involves freeways.
2. The 164 is actually very reliable. In the last 3 years my wife's 1995
Diesel Landcruiser has left her standing beside the road, but whatever
problems I have had with the 164 it has always got me home.
3. In terms of "bang for your buck" its hard to better the 164. The real
question is why not keep the 164 AND buy an intergrale (or a GTV 6 like I am
planning)
4. As one consultant digester eloquently put it - you get remembered when
you arrive in an Alfa.

Good luck and let us know what you do.

Doug Gould
Blue '90 164 L