Dyno Numbers

Dyno results are only as reliable as the person
running the test and evaluating the test.  It's like
taking your Afla to the drag strip (God, should strike
you dead) to evaluate the changes from modifications.
The circumstances of the run can make a big
difference.
Example:
This months Road&Track did a comparison test on the
BMW Z3/Porsche Box/Honda S2000.  They said they got
0-60 times from the Honda of 5.9sec.  When they ran it
on a different drag strip, where the traction wasn't
as good, they lit up the tires and ran nearly a full
second faster because that screaming 2 liter managed
to find the powerband off the line.  There is a big
difference between 5.9 seconds and 5 seconds flat.

I've seen 10% differences between three different
chassis dynos on the same car without changes in the
car.  Of course we believe the one that said 134hp at
the rear wheels. Not bad for an L-Jet Spider, Huh?

Dave Miller
Deltona, Florida