re: dyno depression

Cost of dyno work? At my local dyno shop, I got about an hour and a half for
$95. The shop wasn't busy, and I had a long way to go to get my timing set
right. Normally, the $95 will get you maybe 3-4 pulls with a few minutes
between for tweaking and cooling down the car, if necessary.

Changing cam timing, carb venturis, etc. in real time while on the dyno would
be a little tough, but adjusting things like mixture on a Spica car would be
cake. If your setup was close to begin with, you'd probably be able to get
everything right in one session. My case is probably extreme, but at less
than $5 per added horsepower, I'd call it a fantastic bargain.

By the way, we're planning a "Dyno Day" as part of our 2001 AROC Convention
here in Nashville. The format is largely unspecified as of now, but Wes
Ingram has already said he'd like to participate. We see it as sort of the
ultimate tech session, as well as an opportunity for a few people to get
their cars to maximum output for the time trials and/or autocross.

Bob McKeown
Nashville, TN