Re: alfa-digest V7 #971

In a message dated 8/17/99 12:09:58 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< Today in stop and go traffic the car suddenly died...  No sweat. popped
 the clutch and it just fired right up.  >>

What model, vintage, car?

Weird happenings like that can sometimes be traced to the fuel cutoff switch
(aka rollover switch or Beethoven).  If your car has an AFM, there is a fuel
cutoff switch that can sometimes short out on the board.  And, if you have a
car with a block containing the relays that operate the fuel pump, as on GTV6
and Milano, that can be shorting or failing causing intermittent
annoyances/terrors.

I am no mechanic, just been driving Alfas for years, and my take is that
while I certainly can't say from the sketchy clues what the problem is, if
the car starts and runs most of the time without incident, it's probably
something minor such as a bad relay or contact, a loose wire, bad ground,
small-to-invisible air leak in a vacuum hose, etc.

Now, FINDING the culprit will be the adventure!  Good luck!

Charlie
AROSC
City of the Angels, CA, USA