Rusty exhaust on Twin Sparks

Fellow Alfisti,

Adding fuel to the current muffler discussions, it is time for a summary of the wisdom I received about my fast rusting exhausts.  Many thanks to Bill, Derek and Jean.

We have two ideas, one is a stainless steel system, or drill holes in the muffler. The replies to me indicate that the Stahl SS system is worth a look, or the Stebro on the 3 litre motors.

I  have received many warnings from trusted mechanics that the 2 litre engines in the Alfa give the SS systems a hard time, so I personally have a problem with using a SS system.

As for drilling a hole, I can see why it would let the water out, but won't it let the noise out as well?  What size hole are we talking about here?

Cheers,
david
- ---
David Masters
ALFA 75, 2 rusted exhaust sections
Newcastle, AUSTRALIA

EOM

NOTICE - This message contains information intended only for the use of the addressee named above.  It may also be confidential and/or privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it.  If you have received this message in error please notify The Broken Hill Proprietary Company Limited immediately via mailto:postmaster@domain.elided.