muffler choice

Lat week Rick Rodosta asked.

"I'm looking for a few good opinions on an old subject.  My stock rear muffler
is due for retirement, and I have a few options to consider.  A glass pack
with tail pipe for $80, ANSA for $125, and the STEBRO for $175.  Each of
these has different benefits and life expectancies.  Since my 86 Spider is
too quite in my opinion, I'm looking for a pleasing and louder tone.  The AR
Ricombi design looked nice, but reduced the sound to much.  Anyone out there
that has experienced two of my three options on the same car, and would share
their views, would be appreciated."

Forget the glass pack.  I have had them on several cars in the past many
years.  They may fit in places that others wont't, due to straight-through
design.  However, all of the ones I have installed on a variety of cars, just
don't last too long.  Rust-through, with the accompnying noise.  The others?
Sorry.  Can't offer assistance; no experience.

Jay Negrin
ARO So Cal
76 Alfetta GT - with a new 'turbo'; muffler in back, behind a custom exhaust
system.  Who was it who wrote in about small shops who are willing to work
with you?  I heartily concur on that one!!