GA smogtests;an idea

Greetings Alfisti!
       For the gentleman in Columbus GA fearing the impending smog test
snafu;here's an idea you might try.I'd figure Muscogee county is the only
county in the area that would have mandatory smog testing;the rest of the
counties surrounding the area might not be included.(What they really need to
smog test are the papermills in the area!)
       Get a post office box in a surrounding county;try the town of Buena
Vista or perhaps Pine Mountain,Talbotton,etc.I.E. outside the area in which
you live and which isn't included in the smog testing area.Re register the
car in the county where you have the PO box using the PO box as your home
address.Keep your license at your current address,or change it to the PO box
address as well.Voila! You're no longer subject to smog testing in
Columbus.(You'll need to make regular trips to the PO box to clean out the
junk mail though!)This has been perfectly legal in Georgia for many
years,unless laws have been changed recently.I have personal experience with
this process and know that it works (my situation was in the Atlanta area
some time ago,when smog testing was first instituted in Cobb,Fulton and
Gwinett counties)
      If this idea works for you, I'll need a big bag of boiled peanuts(Yum!)
or a box of muskiedimes (proper english translation:muscadines) or some
bo-hog root as payment.
Will work for good southern food,
Terry and Sharon Akins
1987 Milano Gold (Alfie)