RE:Fuel Filters

When my new rear filter of only 6mos started leaking on my 73'GTV I
decided I didnt want to spend the 30 odd dollars my mechanic and I
believe IAP gets for these filters.

I went to my local auto parts store and they got a reasonable match in
plastic using a Wix filter.  I dont have the number handy but it is for
Audi 4000's with 4 cylinder motors from I believe 81-87.  They cost 5
dollars and work fine.  Further they have a tab attached to them which
allows you to attach the filter securely without squeezing it the way
the original support does.

Try bringing your filter in (if you can) and tell them what its
application is and you should be able to get something that works well
for alot less.

Good luck,

Antonio
67'Giulia Super
72'GTV
73'GTV
94'Ducati M900 Monster

Subject: filters

I am replacing the two fuel filters and Spica filter on my '74 GT
Veloce.
Local parts supplier quotes $15 for front fuel, $12 for Spica and...$47
for rear
fuel filter! (Can. $) Is this correct/ close? The rear filter looks like
generic metal inline filter. Can it be replaced effectively by a generic

one, suited to flow rate, of course?

Also, I'm enjoying the Why Alfa series...

Thanks, Peter, Canada