Subject: Alfa History

>Paul wrote:
>I did the same some year ago. Did you write your fax in Italian otherwise
>they throw it away. I waited for almost six weeks but in the end it arrived
>(in Italian ofcourse). Just be patient. Don't forget that the factories in
>Italy are closed the whole of august.

Quite the contrary - my first fax to Ms. Ruocco was answered by mail -
received here in about 4 weeks - all in English.  By mail I requested a
clarification and received a typed response (and a personal handwritten note
from Ms. Ruocco). Response received about 3 weeks after mailing the request.
All in english. Keeping in mind that these people have full time jobs (they
are not there exclusively to answer our requests) my leters were polite
requests for assistance. I might assume  that demanding letters are either
tossed or answered in Italian. If this was not the case here, the delay is
probably due to the European August shutdowns as suggested by Paul.