RE: why alfas

Well my reason starts at age oneish.  My late father bought a new 1967
Giulia Super when I was but a year old.  This must have in some way
ultimately predisposed me to Alfa's.

He used to let me steer the car into our garage when I was old enough to
sit in his lap.  My perch was on the rear armrest so that I got the
feeling that I was driving.

In the intervening years he sold the Super.  Eventually we owned a Fiat
124 coupe, a 124 spyder and eventually a 74 GTV. He sold the GTV as he
was unable to drive it due to lung cancer.  He had offered the car to me
but I couldnt afford it being in college and all.

I owned a fiat X-1/9 for awhile prior to his GTV ownership.  Finally 5
yrs ago I was able to buy my own GTV, a 72'.  Since that time I have
bought a GTV6 (since sold it) another GTV and now the car that
originally got me into Alfa's, a 1967 Giulia Super.

Alfa life has come full circle for me. I finally get to ride in the
drivers seat after 32 years!!!!!

I am not getting rid of the Super any time soon nor am I about to part
with the 73'GTV.

I have loved all the Alfas I have come in contact with (as well as the
Fiats) primarily because they are rewarding cars.  You get what you give
with them.  The more you maintain them, drive them, polish them etc...
the more enjoyment they return.

My only dilemma now is how to get myself into a 156 and stay in the
USA?!!? any and all help is appreciated.

Ciao,
Antonio

67'Giulia Super
72'GTV (For Sale)
73'GTV
94'GTV

PS: Anyone interested in dig pics of the 166, 156 or GTV that I took on
the dealers showroom in UK need only email me off digest to get a few
pics.