Re:exhaust hardware

Over the years with many types of cars my best luck has been with a
combo of a grade III steel bolt, 2 copper washers, a lock washer and a
brass nut. put a copper washer on each side. this works great unless
there is a lot of movement at the joint, then regular retightening is
required. Grade 8 bolts and washers (you have to go to a real hardware
store) antiseize and self locking grade 9 nuts are a more expensive but
lower maintence
alternative. The thick grey antiseize in the can with the brush in cap
that looks like frosting works great. (Do not substitute for marmite)
Ray Henderson
1963 2600 Sprint
P.S. on why an  Alfa
How else could I drive a better car than a Lusso for one twentieth the
price?