Re: Osso buco (hidden alfa content, very vague bannana reference)

Waverly Root Is OK, but when one's knowledge is as broadly spread as
his,  it's hard to accept that he knows exactly how  to set up a 63
Marelli distributor in a 2600 if you get my drift.
Pretty good recipe, but for those seeking perfection,
Osso buco alla Milanese
Purchase good cigar. S&P and dust in flour the 1.5" thick veal shanks
and brown in olive oil that covers bottom of casserole (pure not
ExtraVirgin, we are talking 30 wt or 50 wt and butter is gear oil in
here absolutely do not use Mobil1) use cigar as color chip for degree of
brownness. pull them out and set on fender cover or plate and dump in
the soffrito - chopped (1/4") carrot, onion, celery to cover bottom of
the casserole (no offense intended, but celery is in almost everything
from the continent in some small quantity and I can't find it in the
final product and I've been making a living as an Italian chef for 13
years now just don't tell her it's in there-no sweet red peppers in Osso
buco that's a set of 2600 dash turn signal indicators laying in the
trunk of a Giulietta, please send them to me ) throw in one
clove(minced)garlic per shank, a handful of chopped parsley and 1/2
bunch fresh thyme. When the veg is soft dump in 1 can Italian plum
tomatoes, chopped or food processor them (San Marzano type from It.are
NOS) when this formation is bubbling along like a Sprint with Webers
(also send), put the pistons back in (shanks) squeeze in one lemon cut
in half per set of 4 and throw in said lemon cores (exchange-no rebuild
kit). Open bottle of Pinot Grigio (any dry white wine that you can drink
will work but Thunderbird in here is kool-aid in your radiator) pour in
half bottle, drink other half while you wait for liquid to reduce by
half. add water so pistons just start to float.add some salt (think
lithium grease on door latch)  cover.
throw in medium oven for 2-2.5 hrs. Wax Alfa Romeo in driveway. Return
to kitchen occasionally and drink more wine. do not smoke cigar while
waxing car. remove pistons from casserole,(not waxed Alfa in driveway),
filter crankcase through strainer, toss strained solids, reduce sauce in
a pan till it looks like you need to change your oil (viscosity, not
color) pour over pistons, sprinkle a little gremolata on there and
serve. return to kitchen.
open more wine.
eat.
remove pants.
light cigar.
Send me cap, rotor, points and condenser for three lobe Marelli
Distributor in my 63 2600 sprint.
Ray Henderson
2600
seattle