Re: US rules

Thanks for the quip.

Unfortunately, the cryptic retort gets termed "name calling", and is of
only limited value in countering the "common wisdom".  It is not always
"wit".

When someone implies that I have fabricated a growing web of
protectionism, I'm going to tell what I know and remember, though not my
field.  It won't be cryptic.  "Them's fightin' words, pardner."

There is always the space-bar.

Why is it that those repeating the "common wisdom" are <not> "on a
soapbox"?  The "common wisdom" is the fruit of successful propaganda.

It is fairly important that someone mount his "soapbox" from time to
time, and observe when "the Emporer has no clothes", though everyone else
is waxing profound of the magnificence of his raiment.

There is always the spacebar.

There are about three reasons dissent is important:

1) Witness.   Not everyone is buying it.  Tyranny, whether by a lone
despot or the tyranny of the masses, cannot truck dissent.

2) Comaradere.  It is useful for dissenters to know they do not stand
alone.  One lone driver exceeding the double-nickle was bear-bait --
masses of drivers exceeding 55 yielded revocation of the law.

3) Uncommitted.  Some may find the bases of a contrary view enlightening.
Some <do> think, and consider the possibility that a popular view is
wrong.

To own and operate an Alfa in the US is inherent dissent.

There is always the spacebar.

r.m.bies

End of alfa-digest V7 #944