A/C belt (pushing a V-6)

  I'm catching up on a weeks worth of mail, so if this has been
mentioned already forgive me.
  Dennis Lou wrote, regarding installing an A/C belt:
"Put the car in 5th gear and push it forward (or backward, I forget
which)."
  For what it's worth, pushing the car backwards in 5th gear would
cause the engine to rotate the wrong direction, which I've been told
can be bad for timing belt alignment.  If one wants to rotate the
engine in the proper direction, push it in the direction it would be
traveling given the gear it's in (reverse - backwards / 1st-5th -
forward).
Bryan Carter
No. Va.